Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What a Week

Seriously this week has been so Blah... it's like the re-enactment of the week Justin's grandma died.

It started out so frantic and crazy. My Sisters wedding was the biggest headache. The night before her wedding we were frantically getting things ready that she should have done MONTHS before... (That's right Jen MONTHS! LOL) Then on the day of her wedding, we couldn't find the music for her reception, couldn't get the slide show to work, and people who said they would didn't show up to help decorate. So half of her decorations weren't even seen because they weren’t put out. Did I mention that her new husband didn’t show up to the reception until 7:10 and it started at 6:30, so we didn’t get any pictures. (Note to people planning a wedding... Go to a reception hall. Seriously I don't think Jenny and Shaun realized how much stress it put on everyone)
Our wedding was so nice... we all just showed up at 5 for pictures, ate a little then after the reception was over we all just left and the people who decorated it cleaned it all up. No stress no mess.
After her wedding, 1 day in fact, My mom, sister and I came down with the worst food poising EVER. Bad enough that I had to go to the doctor. I don't think that I've ever been that sick in my life. Seriously. Thank Heavens for my good friends in the ward who came and brought me Jell-O, crackers and sprite. Also for my mother in law who took Beckham for the day and night. After 2 days of that mumbo jumbo junk, I still don't feel all that well. Now I have the worst case of acid indigestion...
Beckham had the worst day yesterday too. He pretty much got kicked out of swimming lessons for the day for punching Ryker (his cousin) in the face and for being rude to his teacher. Talk about the walk of shame for me. Beckham has never EVER been that way. I don't know what was wrong, he wouldn't mind, eat, sleep. He was saying the meanest things to me too which has never happened before. Just a really bad day for the little guy. I think I called my Mom 4 times crying telling her that I didn't know what to do.
Then last night my cat died... so awful, so hard. The feelings of Nora's death replayed in my head while I was at the animal ER at 12:30am with a crying son and mom. Saying my last good byes to a cat that I've had for 14 years was difficult. Like Nora, I knew that he was going to go soon I just was not ready for it. You think that you are and you talk yourself into thinking that the sooner it’s over the better, then all you think about is having one more minute with your loved one when you can’t. It's amazing how animals become apart of your family. I'll miss Tonto so much. The last days of his life were so hard for me. He was in so much pain and struggling for his life, I know that he's in a better place but it still sucks.
Did I mention that Justin is gone on business? Yeah... I've had to do all of this without my main support, my little shoulder to cry on, my sane hubby who tells me exactly what I need to hear when I’m going through tough things. I miss him. :(
The only good news this week is that I’ve lost 6 pounds, because of being sick, and that Beckham has been really happy with potatoes and gravy, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, cereal, frozen chicken nuggets (that I bought for the first time and about died when I saw the health and ingredient lists) frozen pizza where I also died again and mac and cheese for all meals. I think I know why he had a bad day now... his little body isn’t used to all of this so so food. He’s used to a well balanced diet. Heck if he had a choice he’d eat cucumbers over ice cream. (He didn’t get that from me either!) I really need to go shopping but again being a little sick and being sad over a death of a cat and a bad week, wipes you out good.

8 comments:

Jill said...

Yeesh! What a week. You poor girl! I'm sorry you're not feeling better yet, and that Beckham wasn't kind. You need a good show to watch, right? Let me see what I can find and I'll call you.

Amy said...

Oh I'm so sorry Jamie!! :( I hope things start looking up...I will be praying for you!

Brooke said...

Wow, what a crappy week for sure!! I'm sorry you had to go through all that esp without your hubby. If I lived close I would take Beckham for sure (except here all my kids have double ear infections and pink eye--yikes). Hope this week is better!! xoxoxo

just dandee said...

Oh My!! I thought the food poisoning was bad enough! I am so sorry all this happened and all in the same week and without a hubby! I think you are need of a good night out. Lets plan a movie or lunch date or something.

Heather said...

So sorry Jamie!! What a rough and awful week. I hope Justin gets home really soon.

Darwin + Kiara said...

Man! I'm sorry, Jamie! I hate weeks like that, and thank goodness they don't happen very often! I got food poisoning the Friday before Easter last year, and the only thing I was able to eat all weekend was saltines, juice, and maybe a roll on Easter. No fun at all! I think I lost 7 pounds that weekend, but of course I gained it all back. That sucks. Haha. I hope things start looking up for you!! Keep your chin up!

Jessie said...

Wow, that suckiness really piled on for you, there! I'm sorry.

I must say, though, I'm proud of you for being on the list of moms who rarely cave in to foods like chicken nuggets and mac n cheese! Cheers! (I'm on that list too!)

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Oh my. I'm so sorry you have had such a rough week. I hope things are going better soon.